What does it fancy have an award-winning Web site? consistent with the online Marketing Association, it takes a mixture of qualities.
Since 1997, the online Marketing Association’s Web-
Award Competition has set the quality of excellence for internet site development.
Here are the seven criteria on which internet sites are judged within the annual competition.
* Design. many of us judge a book by its cover and therefore the same goes for internet sites . If a site looks old and unsophisticated, it’ll lose much of its credibility.
* Content. “Content is king” has been the mantra of most award-winning internet sites . People visit an internet site for its content. If the content they’re trying to find is missing, they’re going to leave the location disappointed.
* Innovation. Sometimes called the “wow” factor, innovation are some things new and attention-getting that adds value to the location and enhances the user’s experience. It might be a replacement technology, new search method, new navigation system, new content or a replacement design.
* Technology. Use of technology could either enhance or hinder an internet site’s usefulness. If a site uses an excessive amount of technology, users may need to work harder to urge what they’re trying to find . regardless of how impressive a replacement technology is, if it slows the location or hinders the user’s look for information, it isn’t an enhancement.
* Interactivity. Some internet sites are designed only to provide information. Other sites use calculators or tools to form the location more interactive. Some sites also offer games to enhance the web experience.
* Copywriting. Oftentimes, thousands of dollars are spent designing and programming a site with little attention paid to the words used. the simplest sites are well-written and use simple language, short sentences and bullet points to convey their messages. And, most significantly , they’re carefully proofread to eliminate any typos.
* simple use. within the youth , a number of the “coolest” sites were impossible to navigate. Today, internet sites are far better at showing users the way to find the knowledge they’re trying to find . the simplest internet sites confirm that users can get to the other area on the location in three clicks or less.