Copyright 2006 Donovan Baldwin
Many people in America today try all kinds of things in pursuit of healthy, permanent weight loss. Unfortunately, they mainly seem to undertake fad diets, diet pills, celebrity diets, the grapefruit diet…you name it. In fact, stick an adjective or noun ahead of the word “diet”, and you would possibly be the creator of subsequent diet craze.
While someone might temporarily lose a couple of pounds with a “diet”, diets aren’t successful when it involves permanent weight loss and healthy weight loss.
As they assert , I even have some excellent news and a few bad news.
The good news is that there’s a known and proven thanks to achieve significant, healthy, permanent weight loss. More excellent news is that, although some modification to what you currently wish to eat are going to be necessary, extremely drastic changes are seldom required. Oh, yes, you would possibly need to learn to substitute something you are doing not like that much immediately for something you do like, but, in time, you’ll get familiar with this, and even learn to love the new flavors and foods. I know. i have been there.
The bad news is that, along side modifications to your eating habits, you’re getting to need to become more active. Dare I say it….?
You will need to exercise!
The benefits of exercise is a piece of writing in itself, and that i have written elsewhere about how exercise can take many forms, so there’s no got to lock yourself into an unpleasant or painful exercise regimen. What i actually want to try to to here is provides a small pitch for the practice of yoga as my exercise program of choice. Remember, however, my exercise program of choice won’t be yours. the maximum amount as i prefer yoga, you’ll need to decide if yoga is true for you.
Before I speak specifically about yoga, let’s just list a number of the known benefits of normal exercise generally . Exercise…
>Reduces the danger or affects of the many illnesses and conditions like heart condition , diabetes, stroke, arthritis, high vital sign , and osteoporosis to call a couple of . Some studies even show possible reductions within the risk for a few cancers.
>Elevates mood and reduces depression.
>Helps maintain healthy bones, muscles, joints, and systema nervosum .
>Delays affects of ageing, making seniors more mobile and independent and fewer likely to fall prey to injury or illness.
>Reduces risk of premature death (sounds sort of a big one to me).
>Helps maintain a healthy weight.
Okay, since any good exercise program can provide these benefits, what does yoga need to offer that creates it special?
In addition to providing the essential benefits of exercise generally , yoga does have a couple of specific things going for it.
1. Despite the apparently agonizing contortions seen in every yoga book, the benefit is within the plan to achieve the position. The models within the books received their present level of ability over time, and lots of a talented practitioner of yoga today began within the same shape you’re in immediately . it’s okay to switch an edge or to return out of it a touch early if your body isn’t ready yet. The regular practice of your best version of the movement or position (asana), combined with yoga breathing techniques (easily learned) will produce progress over time.
2. No personal trainer or special equipment is required , neither is it necessary to travel to the gym or maybe call at public in the least . you’ll do yoga naked if you do not have a pair of gym shorts, and a carpet is simply nearly as good as a yoga mat…at least initially . Yoga is really so simple that it are often learned from a book, although it certainly wouldn’t hurt to urge guidance or training from a licensed instructor.
3. Yoga is relaxing and relieves stress. Not only is that this of great personal value in today’s world, but if any a part of your weight loss problem is stress related, and that i can almost guarantee some relationship, the strain relief offered by yoga can ease that portion of your weight loss journey.
4. additionally to being good for your health for several reasons, simply learning yoga breathing and practicing it regularly can assist you burn fat.
5. As you start to progress in your ability to raised perform yoga poses (asanas) you’ll notice a way of control, of mastery of life and self, which can become more evident. This new inner strength will aid you in facing difficulties, including temptations concerning eating and your new eating behaviors. you’ll also end up more forgiving, not only of others, but of yourself also , and once you slide a touch , you’ll be better ready to shrug it off and obtain back on your path to success.
6. With more progress in your yoga practice, you’ll begin to experience new feelings of health, strength, and well-being. These feelings will successively motivate you to require even more control of your life in order that you’ll continue your progress with no desire or temptation to return to the way things wont to be.
Nothing is ideal for everybody , but, as you’ll see, the practice of yoga does have some benefits to supply which can make it valuable within the pursuit of healthy, permanent weight loss.