Motivation is one among the key variables for the equation that yields future weight loss success. The question is how does one maintain the motivation to achieve the last word goal? Regardless if your weight loss goal is 20 pounds or 100 pounds you want to change your thinking to vary your behavior and writing makes that happen.
Weight loss really does begin in your head. Every successful athlete understands that his thinking process is either working for him or against him. an equivalent holds true with weight loss. If your internal dialogue is negative, your results will eventually manifest an equivalent result! You can’t degrade yourself to a healthy new you! you want to change your thinking to figure for you, to create your resolve, and to take care of that each one important motivational factor.
Writing is an exercise which will help your mind change its thinking! It allows you to process the negative emotions and helps to instill the positive changes. Start with these simple exercises:
1. The Negative Emotions Daily Dump: Many success coaches advocate writing out your negative thinking on a day to day . Simply spend approximately quarter-hour writing out all the frustrations, bad feelings, and discouragement. This helps you to process these bad feelings out of your system in order that you’ll make space for positive affirmations. don’t reread the entries and don’t keep them. Write it out, then throw it out. We call this the Negative Emotions Daily Dump.
2. Affirm Your Goals: Prepare an inventory of affirmations which will help your subconscious work together with your conscious brain to form those all important behavioral changes. Then write your affirmations a minimum of twice each day . Write them once after you’ve got written your Negative Emotions Daily Dump. Don’t do the Negative Dump without filling it with the positive affirmations. you ought to always end with this. Write the second set of affirmations either right before you attend bed or very first thing within the morning. Read your affirmations several times each day .
3. Understand your Motivations: so as to remain motivated you want to understand your real reasons for losing weight. In other words, understand why you would like to reduce . Not why your spouse or friends want you to reduce but why losing the load is vital to you. does one actually need more energy? does one just love skinny clothes? does one want to participate in an activity that might be easier if you were slim and healthy? Write these motivations call at detail in order that you’ll solidify them in your head and that they can still motivate you thru the whole weight loss journey.
4. Accountability: Keep a food diary. Keeping a food diary has been proven time and time again to extend your weight loss success by the maximum amount as 50%! A food log is your accountability factor. It keeps you honest with yourself.
5. Visualize: Visualize yourself enjoying the portions of your weight loss program that you simply are currently struggling to try to to . as an example if you hate the cardio portion of your day, start seeing yourself loving it. See it as “”your time”. It are often some time to read while you’re on the stationary bike. Or some time to observe all those movies you are feeling guilty watching the other time. Once you start to see positive feelings a few certain activity the better that activity will become.
6. The Pat-On-The-Back: Keep a written log of your weight loss success. By writing down your weight loss on a weekly basis you’re validating your efforts and giving yourself a pat-on-the-back. this may go an extended thanks to keeping you on target .
Keep in mind that if you’re utilizing the help of a private fitness trainer or weight loss professional that they’ll use techniques to assist you face your self-defeating habits. This might feel harsh and negative, however it isn’t. Honesty is important to motivate change and this is often different than running yourself down! Sometimes we’ve to listen to the hard words to form the hard changes. confine mind that these professionals are seeking your ultimate success. Your success is their success. Let’s face it, the load gain started with you and to vary that behavior you’ll need to affect some uncomfortable feelings. an honest trainer will assist you feel cared about while still insisting that you simply affect your bad habits. It’s an honest thing to be pushed past your temperature to becoming a far better you!
Writing is that the new “exercise” which will make all the remainder of your weight loss efforts including good nutrition, exercise, and resistance training work for you because you’ll be working with these principles rather than against them. you’ll start seeing these weight loss techniques as a positive and permanent a part of your life, rather than a short lived device. which will end in faster results that last forever!