Everyone who has ever tried to reduce knows that the really big issue is motivation - where can we find it, how can we keep it going, and what can we do when it slips!
To achieve success at losing weight you want to find your own motivation. More importantly, you want to keep motivated, even when times get tough! Read through the ideas and tricks and other resources below to assist you discover and maintain your motivation.
* Set your goals and compute a sensible timescale for achieving them. plan to them 100%.
* Put it in writing! Scribble down in the maximum amount detail as possible why you would like to reduce , what proportion you're getting to lose, when and the way . The more you plan to paper the higher . Carry a notebook around with you and use it to record thoughts and concepts , recipes, quotes - whatever will inspire you and keep you going.
* Tell a lover or member of the family and ask them to assist you persist with your plan.
* Remember that you simply are losing weight and improving your health "one day at a time". you'll stick at anything for one day!
* Don't linger over the junk that you simply are removing of your diet. Instead, celebrate the healthy foods that you simply are fixing .
* Make bullet points of your main motivational issues and write them on a stack of cards. Display the cards where you'll see them regularly - on your bathroom mirror, in your purse, in your car.
* Create a "mantra" to repeat to yourself when times get hard. for instance , "Every day i'm improving my health, my looks and my well-being. i'm getting stronger in every way."
* Consider posing for sponsorship from friends and family for an honest cause. Perhaps you'll raise money for starving children while you get your own eating under control?
* Start a file or scrapbook of articles, recipes and the other interesting titbits you read.
* Start another file of fashion and wardrobe ideas. Plan what you'll got to buy once you shrink a size or two!
* Buy a piggybank and fill it up with a specific sum for each pound you lose. you'll use it towards your new outfits!
* Find someone to share the experience with, and laugh your way through the tough times.
* Learn from other successful slimmers. Read other people's stories, join a club, find a talk room, or start your own email group.
* Motivate yourself with our collection of weight loss quotes, available liberal to subscribers to the weekly Losing It My Way ezine.